|Wake Up Spring Retreat - at the EIAB, Germany|
|Written by Wake Up NL|
|Monday, 31 January 2011 16:47|
WHAT WOULD BUDDHA DO?
Wake Up Spring Retreat
23rd - 29th of April 2011
European Institute of Applied Buddhism
A Retreat organized by young monastics and lay friends
For people aged from 16 to 30 years-old
Spring awakening! Let`s all come together to breathe in the fresh spring breezes and to wake up together to the question: What would Buddha do?
It is so easy to practice at a retreat center when everyone is practicing. But how do we bring the retreat center, the Buddha back home? The focus of this retreat will be on how to live from our Buddha Nature, on how to be free where we are - in our daily environment, at our home, school, university, workplace.
Together we will explore the Buddha`s teaching on the Noble Eightfold Path and learn concrete tools and practices which help us apply this teaching into our daily lives.
Click through to find out more...
What would Buddha do to:
- find the right sitting posture?
- practice in daily life?
- solve a conflict in the family, a friendship or relationship?
- cultivate love and understanding with himself, his beloved ones and friends?
- relax before an exam or while working on a project?
- behave in a skillful way at a party where everyone drinks?
- choose the right job?
- build a loving and respectful relationship?
- create a Wake Up Sangha or share the practice with friends in an informal way?
- arrive with every step?
This might sound very serious, but it would not be a Wake Up retreat if we wouldn`t let our Buddhas cultivate playfulness and have plenty of fun together with ultimate frisbee, volleyball, hikes in the forest, dancing workshops, performances and bonfire.
So what would Buddha do from the 23rd to the 29th of April 2011? :)